Re: square shaft

The bad thing is that my dimensions are hidden in the extrude definitions.

why is it bad ? what's the problem ? I see no reason why you would have all dimension in sketches... But if you really want this, draw a construction sketch with all those dimensions, then use "extrude to vertex" or equations to have the extrusions driven by the dimensions in your sketch.

Philippe Guglielmetti -

Philippe Guglielmetti

makes sense.

But I have trouble making the revolved cut. The diameter equals the sides of the square part. What kind of sketch do I draw?

Reply to
Joan

Make you square shaft section being sure to locate the square sketch centered about the origin. (the best way to do this is to add a construction line from vertex to vertex and then relate the midpoint of this line to the origin) Open a sketch on one of the planes that bisect the longitudinal axis. Sketch your cut profiles using rectangles and relate the appropriate, inner sketch lines to the edge of the square profile. Revolve, Cut.

Reply to
Bruce Wirkkala