Entering gloabl variables into design tables ...

Hi Group,

I have a Global Variable under my Equations folder:

"NUM ROLLERS"=66

This drives other equations and thus some major aspects of the part design.

I want to make a design table and several instances that change this global variable.

From all I can find in help this is not possible. If it is possible what is the syntax?

Any suggestions on a work around? Is it possible to use a Custom Property to drive a Global Variable because I know Custom Properties can be used in design tables.

Thanks,

Reply to
Anonymous

I've got a small assm (~300Kb zipped) I can send you if you like. It's a conveyor with an excel file embedded in it that was part of a larger assm from a Solidworks demo. The excel file was set up to calculate the # and size of rollers based on the length of the conveyor and the weight of the parts you wanted to put on it.

LMK and post an email address if you want it.

Reply to
Rory

I have this problem into SW as an enhancement request. As a work around, I had to create a construction sketch which had dimensions linked to the design table, then link my global variables to those dimensions to in the equations area.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Was this done via global variables in 2005? if so, please send me the file also so I can learn how this is done.

Thanks. Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

The link and global variable almost seem like the same thing yet you can't control Global variables from DTs. This definitely needs to be addressed.

Reply to
Gil'Dashard