Tables? Gear tables?

Anyone have a solution for getting a gear table on a drawing with the correct font height? It has to be editable. Design tables suck at this because they are an OLE object. I have tried about ten different approaches. Even a macro that will draw all the grid lines (real slow!) Table needs to be about 40 rows and 2 columns I did all the ole object approaches. Word, Excel, they suck due to sizing issues (i.e. font height incorrect) I even tried to rebuild the revision table thingy to work for this application I cannot believe they went to the trouble to add ALL the table capability and LEFT OUT the plain table option! WTF?

BOM, Hole, and Rev tables have good features I need like justifying the font and sizing columns, BUT, I cannot seem to hammer them into a usable plain format that will not get updated(mucked up) when reinserted into the next gear drawing. Am I missing something? Custom property modifications to the rev block template did not pan out. A reinsert hoses up your changes.

Seems like a real basic function. Must not be a marketable feature :) Thoughts?

hacksaw

Reply to
hacksaw

How about a macro that inserts a block. The block could be one row. If you have a text box in your block you can replace the text after you insert the block with a macro. I do this for our revision block in SW2003 It works great. Pretty quick too. You could count the number of block instances to know what level to insert the next one at.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich