Symetric Mates - my rant (borrowed title)

Hi,

As much as I enjoy many of the changes in 2004 the swith to advanced mates has me twitching. I use symetric mates very often. I used to be able to create a symetric mate in about 5 or 6 mouse clicks (click symetry plane, then the 2 faces, then click mate, symetric, ok - done) Now this operation consumes somewhere between 20 - 65 mouse clicks (ok, I'm exaggerating!) No longer can you preselect the planes because first - well I wont bother describing it - if you've used it you know. It sucks!

Zander

Reply to
Zander

I beg to differ. I have been waiting for them to correct the selection of surfaces for symetric mates. I agree that it takes longer to setup and it would be nice to preselect. But editing the old symetric mate was a pain in the ass now you don't have to completely deselect everything to switch your symetry plane. If we could only get them to add a midsurface symetry setup I would be extatic. (that would be where you select 2 planes on one item and

2 planes on a second item and they mate up symetric.)

Regards, Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich