Modelling a Zalman Heat Sink in Solidworks 2005

i initially modelled this in Solidworks, and it went pretty well. Not a perfect replica, but good enough for the task at hand.
i'm currently trying to "do it in pro-e". it's not going so well (i'm new at both s'Works and pro-E.)
i put some of the images online in a simple web page at
http://www.geocities.com/wwswimming /
with screen dumps from solidworks, pro-e, and one-space designer.
i thought the Solidworks folks might be interested in this comparison of the same medium complexity geometry, in 3 different "mainstream" solid modelling programs.
thanks !
wwswimming
PS a zalman heatsink is one of the best-performing heat sinks among the hundreds of different fan/heat sink solutions that are available in the PC marketplace. as far as "what it is."
I'd be interested to follow this, can't access your website though as I get the following error.
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer" can you host it somewhere else?
Regards
John Layne
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

hi
thanks for the heads-up !
i put up an informal mirror site at
http://www.geocities.com/zeromovecopy /
and
http://www.geocities.com/cadfreq /
i guess it's about a megabyte of images. i'm surprised i ran into bandwidth limitations.
Any chance of getting a copy of the model? It would be of some use in understanding the complexity.
Regards
John Layne Solid Engineering Ltd
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sorry, I can't help you on the Pro-E front, but there is a MUCH simpler way to do it in SolidWorks... (that feature tree is scary!).
Unless I am missing something, you can do it in 5 features...
revolve cut extrude linear pattern another cut extrude and a mirror)
If I can work out how to post the model somewhere tomorrow night I will (unless someone offers to stick it somewhere for me??).
There are a couple of neat tricks you can use that folks around here might find interesting...
Cheers!
message wrote:

OK. just would need your email. i think mine shows up on the Google news reader. but from your other post it sounds like you've found a more direct/ less circuitous route ?
wwswimming<at>yahoo.com