Changing your VAR

Is it possible to change your VAR? If so how? Any comments?

Reply to
JF

JF,

Yes! I did a couple of years ago. I changed to a VAR that, at the time, offered 24/7 support because I used to do work from home a lot, via VPN. But they don't offer that anymore (not exactly anyway).

To change, simply contact the VAR of your choice and tell them your intentions. They should be able to handle the paperwork and process for you.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

And I think it costs...(in Europe about 100 Euro)

Regards from cold (veeeery) Warsaw

zygzag

U¿ytkownik "Seth Renigar" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:OTUad.57439$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
zygzag

I don't remember it costing us anything here in the US. But that has been a couple of years ago. I may not be remembering correctly.

If there is a small changeover fee, I think the new VAR should pay it if they want your business. Besides, if you are not happy with your current VAR, you shouldn't be the one that gets punished for it!

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Yes, it is possible. Your VAR or TTM should have the forms.

It does require approval and you should have a good reason. The only bad reason I can think of is other VARs stealing existing SW customers. Good reasons include wanting better support either for SW or related software, change in geographic location, etc.