Coating on my Solid Model

Hi,
Does anyone know how to create a thickness on a solid model. For example, I have solid model created. Now I want to have a kind of thickness around it.
The thickness is supposed to be wrapped around the model as if it were a composite surface so that the outer surface of the model will have a different material stiffness when I specify the core and surface material properties in Cosmosworks.

I think you will have to do this as an assy, extract the surfaces of the original model with 0 offset into the new assy model and then give the surface a thickness. I believe that you can then ensure that the old model and the new model surfaces stay coincident in Cosmos. You just then assign different properties to each model. This is a very simplistic explanation, I am sure you will get better ones.
Will Shell outward do it for you (there's a little checkbox for it in the shell command)? If you need to have the original body in there, just make a copy with no translation and "shell-outward" the copy. I don't know how cosmos works on multi-body parts.

it.