CosmosWorks and gravity field loading

I've been hammering away at a problem using inertial fields to simulate dynamic impact loading and I've run into a bit of a wall. I tried a simple experiment using a 6x6x1 inch plate fixed at one face in a 1g field and compared that to a 2g equivalent force on one face. The gravity field stresses were an order of magnitude greater than the static equivalent and the displacement was also much bigger. Am I getting my engineering rules of thum wrong or my math wrong or both?

Reply to
digibal235

How did you calculate equivalency and what did you enter for 1 G?

Reply to
P.

If you are truly off by an order of magnitude, I would suspect that you have confused Kgf and Newtons, since they differ by a factor of 9.8 (1g=9.8m/sec^2).

Jerry Steiger