Admin Director and BEFORECMD

I have two batch files created, one that does a complete hands free uninstall of SW and one that installs some add in, regitry settings, etc.

In the admin directory "client options" file you can run and programs BEFORECMD and AFTERCMD.

The problem is when you use the BEFORECMD, it only wait about 10 seconds then starts the SolidWorks install. I want my batch file that uninstalls everything and cleans out the registry to finish before the SW install begins.

Anyone know how to make the SW install wait until the batch command ran from BEFORECMD finishes?

Reply to
joshua.mongan

Try using "start /wait command.exe". That tells windows to wait for the program to finish. For example, if you go to a command prompt and type: notepad Then notepad will start and you have the command prompt available again. But if you type: start /wait notepad Then the command prompt will wait on notepad to close.

Jonathan Anderson

Reply to
Jonathan Anderson

The BEFORECMD command is in a .ini file which is called out by and HTML file that is created by the admin director. I tried the start/wait in there but it did not work.

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
joshua.mongan

The old dos one, used to be pause, not completely hands free, but almost.

Reply to
pete

Pete,

I dont want to use pause. I would like to be able to pause the batch file until the SW install finished, but I think that may just be outside of the scope of a batch file.

Josh

pete wrote:

Reply to
joshua.mongan