Create (5) interlocking, multicolored rings, HELP Please

I'm trying to create (5) interlocking, multicolored rings. I've gotten close, but no cigar. I just need some guidance, not a complete draw. I know they need to be multibodies, but I get a lot of open contour errors. It will only work up to a certain point, then stop.

TIA,

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Hello Dennis,

Are you trying to make a 5 link chain, where the links are horizontal-vertical-horizontal-vertical-horizontal. Or are you trying to make the Olympic symbol thing (I'm guessing it's this).

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Yes, I was trying for the Olympic symbol.

Reply to
Dennis

I did make 5 rings, multicolored, using the move/copy translate, but it does not provide the effect I was looking for. The rings don't really look interlocked, but fabricated to produce one unit. I really wanted the rings to appear interlocked. As I think about it, it just might be impossible for a cad system to do. It could be fabricated in reality, but not in cad.

-Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

"Dennis" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Try to extrude your ring on an angled plane. (Or do the array in a direction not colinear of your extrude plane)

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Why not make an assembly of 5 rings (the same ring, a swept boss/base on a profile)? You can rotate them to obtain the overlaps.

Or were you looking to do this as a single part? (Why?)

Dave G.

P.S. - can't tell from the Olympics site whether the r>>>

Reply to
Dave G

Example here:

Needs to be tweaked to make rings perfectly circular (done via an elliptical path for the sweep, or other fudging).

Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

Yes, I'll go that route.