Cross platform upgrades?

I called my dealer yesterday, planning on ordering the cross-platform we had discussed several months ago. However, I was surprised to find out that this option was no longer available because it was a limited-time offer.

A straight purchase was out of the question, because this purchase decision didn't justify that kind of money. We were burned when we attempted to adopt a parametric modeler using Inventor and it wasn't reliable enough to use. So, we are certainly treading cautiously.

I am modivated to purchase as soon as possible because right now is a lag-time for my own work, so now is the time to learn a new program. Our dealer says that Solidworks doesn't make these kinds of offers very often, so it might be a while before this offer is made again.

I believe my dealer, but am grasping at straws here... is this "cross platform" deal uniformly offered to all dealers, or perhaps just certain regions to boost weak sales in that area? Might there be a dealer in another area that I can purchase the cross-platform upgrade from?

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
Smiley