Dimpled Heating Jacket

Has anyone made a dimpled heating jacket for a shell? How did you proceed and do you now think there was a better methology in creating the part?

I would think this might be best done as a flat sheet metal part and then rolled and formed into a cylinder. Any thoughts before I proceed?

Reply to
krupnikas

I tried this a couple of yrs ago, but never got it working. Ended up doing a plain cylinder with one fake dimple which I spread around with patterns. I still use the drawings though, but refer to suppliers standard, as we don't manufakture these jackets ourself.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L