refridgerator evaporator model

Does anyone have any experience creating an evaporator model? You know, the thing in your fridge with the bosses all over it. My goal is to model it up as a flat part (sheet metal) and then bend it accordingly. My approach has been: creat a sheet say 10 x 40 . then sweep a profile on the face to create the ridge. shell the thickness of original sheet to create the void. mirror the features to create the chamber. make it a sheet metal part. attempt to bend it with a 1-2 in radius. no luck with the last.

I new before i got to the last item it was going to be too complex as i am attempting to fold material back on itself but i had to try. models and drawings avail if need TIA

Reply to
3d

you mean an aluminium icebox with gas passages winding along/through it? you may want to make a simple sheetmetal object first with folds/hems/holes etc and then apply embossed features to it.maybe you will have to make a 2 part assy -an inside and outside for bonding together-sheetmetal multibody isn't supported

Reply to
neil

have a drawing of one manufacturers evap only unit

lg that's sheet metal with tubes attached, then bent

Reply to
3d