drawing chains

i need to put length of chains around a pulley, sprocket etc any idea on the easiest and quickest way to do this

conveyor man

Reply to
J.Lawton

hi J

I find the quickest way for a static chain is to model as a multi-body part. Sketch the chain centre line, model inner & outer link as separate bodies, Convert chain centre line into single spline & curve pattern the inner link at twice the pitch, then the outer link the same, add a couple of axis to aid assembly and you're done. I can email an example if any ones interested.

steve

Reply to
steve

Steve,

I'd be interested in seeing your model as a design excercise.

Always wondered how it might be done.

Your methodology appears sound and I'd like to see how you did it.

Thanks in advance

Len

Reply to
Len K. Mar