Drawing tablet

Hello,

I'm using a wacom drawing board for preventing rsi, but i'm missing the scroll wheel for zooming and rotating. Can a trackball on the left side of the keyboard do the rotating for me? I have tried a mouse on the left side, but the wheel is causing to much problems for my hand, especially in assembly mode ( rotating components for mating). It would be great for me if i can configure the trackball to do the rotating for me.

Drawing board: wacom graphire 3 A5 studio xl (usb) Trackball: Logitech marble mouse (ps2)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Q

I tried the marble mouse for a while (shoulder troubles), but found the ball too small for comfort in heavy use. I haven't tried to purchase one in a while, but I'd suggest you try to find something with as big a ball as possible. A couple years ago I bought a "trackball" made for kids that had a ~4" diameter ball. It was great; just kept in on my lap. Could practically work it with your elbow.

Reply to
Michael

Frank Q wrote on 15.02.2004 13:21 Uhr

I Would suggest a 3D Connexion spaceball 5000. I have the 4000 (old product) and could not live without it. It is made for what you want, and I think it is very easy on the wrist. It also has the advantage of programmable buttons and is context sensitive to drawing, assembly, or part mode. Well worth the investment IMHO :-)

Good luck! Daniel

Here is a link if you do not know it:

daniel