E-Drawings - Edges Visible

Does E-Drawings have the capibility to show edges?
BW
Reply to
BWelch
I don't believe e-drawings supports this although I wish it did. Good enhancement request.
Reply to
Rob Rodriguez
Thanks for the quick response
I didn't think it did. I wonder if excluding the capability keeps the resulting file size compact.
No doubt they'll put it in and peddle it like some kind of big improvement and then up the price for the upgrade.
BW
"Rob Rodriguez" wrote in news:b1f79$432c2ac5$c644a6b2 $ snipped-for-privacy@PSHIFT.COM:
Reply to
BWelch
BW,
If you publish a drawing using HLR or HLG views, the shaded representation should display the edges in eDrawings.
If your drawing contains shaded with edges, or shaded views, then the edges will not be displayed in the published eDrawing.
It might seem contradictory, but it's been this way for some time.
Hope this helps,
John
Reply to
CAD Guy
Hi John
Thanks for that
You mention drawings.... I was unable to get the edges from an assembly doc
(tried from a drawing doc as well and no luck either)
I must be missing something...couldn't figure it out. either that or it can't be done.
Brian
"CAD Guy" wrote in news:SxDXe.81478$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:
Reply to
BWelch
I actually didn't know you could do this. Thanks for the tip. The problem is this only works if you are viewing the actual drawing views. The minute you rotate the model the edges disappear.
Reply to
Rob Rodriguez
Yes This is also what I found.
nice to know.