Embedded Drawings in Excel

I just inserted a SW 2004 Drawing object into an Excell 2002 spread sheet. Most of the part outlines have disappeared. Hatching and construction lines remain visible. In addtion the view seems to autocrop itself. Has anybody run into this problem?

Reply to
TOP

Do you need this drawing to be linked to the original, or are you just looking to put a good image into an Excel sheet?

If all you need is a good image, use a JPEG screen shot.

If you need a good quality line drawing image, try *.PNG format. Get these by printing to PDF, and then converting to PNG (Ghostscript works well for this). PNG supports vectors, so the image can be resized and magnified without losing resolution.

Reply to
That70sTick

I was kind of hoping for linking. At any rate just popping an image in is the most pragmatic solution. I think you are saying that you have also found SW not to be very robust when embedding a drawing into Excel.

Reply to
TOP

I just did some by outputting a TIF file. You can do a screen TIF or you can do a drawing TIF - your choice. Either one, though, doesn't remain linked.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany