Drawings with Multi-Bodies

Hello All,

I almost never use Multi-Bodied parts, but I have on this occasion, and I need some help. I have a weldment using 6 bodies and I need to create drawings of each individual body, and I'm not having any luck figuring out how to do this.

I'm sure that others have done this and can give me some pointers.

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Start a drawing and insert a view of the multi-body part. Then in the FeatureTree, hide the bodies you don't want to see in that view.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Oops, sorry - not enough testing - that didn't work. Solution - make the wlmt an assy, then it's easy.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Quite simple - select 'Relative View' in the drg toolbar, select a view containing the weldment - this will open the part. Select the face of the body that you want as the front view, then select another face (use spin box to tell SW which face it is e.g. right, left, top, bottom, etc). When you select OK it will take you back to the drawing and show the desired body. If you want to put it on another sheet simply cut and paste it. Note that you will not be able to use 'insert model dimensions' and will have to dimension manually.

If the part is round (so does not have a 2nd face to select), pick the body from the Feature Manager, RMB and select 'Insert into new part' - this creates a derived part that you can drop back into your drawing set and dimension.

Once you get used to weldments you find them heaps quicker than creating an assembly.

Maybe your local SW User Group could run a workshop on weldments and have a group sharing of weldment profiles.

HTH

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen