Split bodies crashes solidworks

I have a part that has a rib cage type inside structure with a 0.070" skin on the outside of the part... the ribs were created using weldment profiles for the shapes of the ribs and some extrudes for some of the trickier rib sections... I first combined all of the weldment structural memebers and the extrudes to create one solid body... I next went in and placed planes where i wanted to split the rib cage into machinable sections... when i go into Insert->Features->Split and select my planes for the "Trim Tools" and select my bodies i want to spit and hit the accept button, solidworks kicks me to the desktop and gives me the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Solidworks\sldwrks.exe R6025

-pure virtual function call

We recently made the jump to SW2007 SP1.1 and i never saw this in

2006... Has anyone else run across this error or can shed some light on things to try?!? thanks...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I get a lot of crashes using the Split feature in 2007 also... VERY repeatable with any part that has the issue. I gave up trying to split this one part and instead started a bunch of new parts, Insert Part the original into it and used cut extrudes to make each file the correct geometry and still associative. Had to get the job out... No word from VAR yet- I think they're up to their eyeballs with this release.

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

Dear Jeff,

Try turning off your antvirus if any running and try this feature again. If still it is creating crash, send the error log file to snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com to let them check the cause of error.

Regards

Deepak Gupta

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Engineer

Thanks for the replies... One thing my VAR suggested was to turn off the toolbox, then try to split the part... It didnt help in my instance, but he said there was an SPR (not sure the number) where the toolbox somehow conflicts with the split bodies thing...If there are any other possible fixes, let me know... Thanks again...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Does your split bodies funtion work at all? Ie. simple geometric shapes.

Reply to
Brian

yup, some splits work, some splits don't work... its really quirky...

Reply to
Jeff

I heard back from my VAR in regards to this issue and there is an SPR on this... it is SPR 339374... It is going to be "fixed" in service pack 2... But that isnt suppose to be out for another couple months... So be weary of split bodies till then... Thanks again for the responses...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff