Latest DWGgateway crashes AutoCAD R14

I have been running the DWGgateway AutoCAD drawing converter (2005 version) within AutoCAD R14 for some considerable time with no problems.
Yesterday I was asked to open an AutoCAD 2007 drawing file, which my version of DWGgateway would not do.
I downloaded and installed the latest (2007) version file <DWGgateway.msi>. Everything seemed to go well and there were no error messages.
However, when I initiated AutoCAD R14, it started to open and then promptly bombed out (at the point that it tried to load the <DGArxR14.arx> file).
I disabled the <acad.rx> file (which contained the text: C:\Program Files\Common Files\DWGgateway\DGArxR14.arx) and then AutoCAD R14 started up OK.
I then tried to manually load the DWGgateway <DGArxR14.arx> file, but I received the error message: "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled c06d007eh Exception at 7c812a5bh" and AutoCAD crashed.
I have now reinstalled my old (2005) version of DWGgateway, and it runs perfectly.
Has anyone else experienced problems with the latest version of DWGgateway running within AutoCAD14? Any advice?
Thanks
--
Mike
-Please remove 'safetycatch' from e-mail address before firing off your
I am also running R14 and had the same issue with DWGgateway. I started using the AutoDesk "TrueConvert" application. Newest version works like a charm. mlv wrote:

Charlie wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what I have done.
I emailed DWGgateway about the problem, but so far they haven't responded.