AutoCAD Batch Converters

I am in need of an AutoCad converter to release 14... I am getting AutoCAD
2004 dwgs and need to them in R14 format...
Anthony
Reply to
Anthony
The DWG Alliance are still working on this one, I have not seen that thay have cracked it yet.
Reply to
Cadalot
AutoDesk has a converter but you have to have 2004 to use it.
Reply to
CW
Anthony,
This program will create a script for use with AutoCad to batch process this conversion. Give it a try.
Joe
Reply to
joseph thornwall
Site mentions functionality up to A2K only. The OP wants 2004 files converted.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
"Anthony" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:
Hi Anthony,
Although there isn't a way for 2004 to directly saveas to R14, (AutoDesk removed this feature in 2004), you might consider saving as R12 DXF, and then importing that older file format into R14 (I suppose your customer has R14?)
The only way to do this directly is to use AutoCAD 2002 or 2000 (the SaveAs r14 feature is still enabled in these features)
If you want to do this in a "batch" mode, (or any other batch functions), you could take a look at a tool called Hurricane
. With it, you can setup scripts to saveas to whatever your current version of AutoCAD can handle.
Hope this helps you out, Bill
Reply to
BK
If you go to the Autodesk site, they have a tool to do this. They had enough complaints that they thought it was a good idea.
Reply to
CW