Autocad 2004/Voloview

Does anybody know of a freeware viewer that does the same or similar to Voloview 2.We use Autocad at work and have upgraded from R14 to 2004 and found that Voloview 2 does not work with Autocad 2004.We cannot justify the purchase of Voloview 3 due to the amount of licenses needed.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Reply to
Paul Nicholson

Have a look at Bentley View from the Bentley website.

Reply to
Huw

Does not *file* *publish* work for you? Files are viewed with ExpressViewer.

Reply to
George B

Just a thought ... can you produce DWF files? I just learned about them tonight. For what I need, they will work very well.

Reply to
Steven M (remove cola to reply)

We are talking getting on for around 5,000 drawings :-)

But the File publish is an option I'll look into!

Reply to
Paul Nicholson

I tried that,it seems to do the job,needs a bit of playing with to work it out but seems pretty good,thanks for the info!!!!!

Reply to
Paul Nicholson

Hi Autodesk has released program for viewing DWG files and the basic is free.

Reply to
Pasi p. Lahtinen

There are allot of updates and changes from r14 to 2004. (a world of change) You need a autocad class - r14 and 2004 have only one similarity - the basic commands.

Voloview is no longer compatable - and the file extension has changed.

Ed (20 years exp. w/autocad)

Reply to
ed spearman