Equations refe to old assembly name

Every time I open up a particular assembly, I get the following message:-

"The equations of this assembly refer to . Would you like to change them to refer to ."

The assembly was originally called by the name and was then "saved-as" the name. I always answer "yes" to the question above, but it never seems to remember it.

Is there any way to force it to forget that it was ever called by something else?

SWX2007sp5.0

TIA John H

Reply to
John H

Sounds like maybe the equation is in a file that you don't have write rights to. Are all the files in PDM or something? On drive but Read-only maybe?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

No PDM here (unfortunately) - everyone has full access to everything.

There have been numerous incidents here, involving different users, where SWX seems to "remember" how the model used to be prior to modifications. Examples include - assy components changing back to an earlier part colour - part dimensions reverting back to previous values - assy configs keep having parts suppressed that the user had made resolved - assys having what I presume is a lightweight representation of a component in an earlier stage of its modelling evolution. Unless you open up the part first before the assembly, it doesn't display correctly.

John H

Reply to
John H

Has this just started happening since updating to SP5.0?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No, I certainly have seen most of these symptoms in earlier versions. I hadn't used assembly equations much until 2007sp3.1 so I'm not sure whether this current problem was present in earlier versions.

John H

Reply to
John H

How about trying a pack & go on the assy to get a total fresh copy of everthing off to the side. Then see if something makes itself apparent when you try it with that copy. If it still acts the same way and is repeatable, then you can send it in to your VAR.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I had exactly the same thought myself today. Only trouble is, my VAR has never yet solved a single problem for me - they usually just give up and close the case, and then another department within the same company sends me a Customer Satisfaction Survey. What they do with these, God only knows, because I've made some pretty snotty remarks in them and never heard anything back.

John H

Reply to
John H

Sounds to me like that activity should be documented and then petition SW for a change in VAR. Someone would probably be happy to have your business.

I get good support from ours. I document a bug, send it in, and usually get a call or email from a real person in a short time. If the issue isn't obvious, we run through it on the phone. If that's still not enough, we do a remote session so we can both look at the desktop at the same time. You shouldn't be stuck with unacceptable support.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If you P&G it and still see the issue, send it to me and I will try it here. If I still see it, I will submit it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany