EXTRUDE CUT IN SHEET METAL BENT PARTS

I have a sheet metal part that has a 90 deg bend, and need to cut the ends at different angles right through the end of the part,

When I deselect "Normal Cut" the part appears correct, but SW can't give me a flat pattern after that.

Is there a way to generate the flat pattern of a part like this ? Yes I realize the ends will have to be bevelled to be correct.

I would like to be able to generate a flat pattern for laser cutting prior to bending

Thanks Todd

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Todd

You can back the action up into two features. Create the cut on one side, then use its sketch to convert entities for a new sketch for the cut through the second surface. You'll need plans at 45deg to those surfaces (and parallel to each other) if I understand you correctly.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

You'll need to create the bevel as a separate feature which can be suppressed for the flat pattern configuration.

Reply to
Dave

Todd,

Can you post some files or pictures to explain.

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer