Filleting two non intersecting surfaces

SW2006/2007

Quick simple question, is it possible to fillet two surfaces that do not intersect, seems not possible with SW, unless I am missing something here.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Hoerner

The only way I'm aware of is to use the Face Fillet option. Be aware that when you do this, there is an additional control, a pair of arrows. The arrows need to be pointing to the same side of the faces to be filleted. If they don't work one way, face them both in the other direction and try again.

Good luck,

matt

Reply to
matt

Hey Matt,

Yea I tried that, but only seems to work when the surfaces intersect in some fashion, appreciate the response though.

Brian

Reply to
Hoerner

Its rather hard to give a good response to what you are trying to accomplish with out being able to see at least a screen shot. The option for a fillet it to round off corners/edges that are touching. Other wise it is a completely different function. Something like a Loft or Sweep with GC's, or maybe even a surface fill.

Reply to
Cadjunkie

Yes, can you post a screen shot. That will help.

Reply to
thestew

Have a look at this:

matt

use Fullscreen mode, otherwise it is hard to see the detail.

Reply to
matt

Matt,

That's what I was trying to do, thanks, have to look into what I am not doing the same way, does seem I have been in the right direction.

Best, Brian

Reply to
Hoerner

Basically the issue is/was that there was a larger gap between the surfaces than the size of fillet I wanted to apply. My thought was that the surface(s) should extend as needed to fit to the fillet desired between the surface edges, not so, oh well, something for SW to work on :P, Other packages can do this I work with, so I just assumed the wrong thing, thanks for all the help

Best, Brian

Reply to
Hoerner

Tell SolidWorks that other packages can do it. It will probably be fixed in the next big release. Keeping up in the features race is something SolidWorks does very well. It may not work as well as we would hope, and they may introduce two new bugs to do it, but they'll keep up with the competition.

Jerry Steiger