finding parts in assemblies

Does anyone know a fast way to find parts in an assembly? The "go to" function goes through all the mates as well which I don't like.

Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Marty SLC

I used to have a macro that did this. It was derived from an example in the API help.

You could generate a BOM.

You could use the findfiles menu pick and copy the list.

TOP

Reply to
manager

Right below the feature/property/config. manager and above the tree is a little blue wine glass with a down arrow. just start typing any part of your part number.

Reply to
ambush

Amazing I havent seen this before, neat trick !

Feels a bit stupid to have had this option for so long right under your nose.

Thx ambush.

Reply to
Ronni

"Ronni" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@d32g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

I have also found the "go to" pretty useless. But I cannot find the "wine glass". We are on '06. I suppose it has been introduced later?

Regards JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

Thanks a bunch!! Sweet :)

Reply to
Marty SLC

Yes was introduced in 2008 (it is filtering the content of the FeatureManager)

Reply to
Ronni