functional hinges?

I use SW for digital content creation, so I am mostly modeling with the app (and still a relative noobie.) Can anyone direct me to a way to create a functional hinge or pivot point? I.E. a car door that will pivot as it should when moved.

Reply to
Todd

Maybe you should first look at the online tutorials and/or help in the Help menu. For a starting point, search for "assemblies" and "mates".

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Thanks using mates gave the desired result.

Reply to
Todd

I have published an assembly file, and it's related files for a "Functional Hinge" on my website for you. Here is the link.

Good luck, G. De Angelis

De Angelis Tool Valhalla Grafix

http//

Todd wrote: