Great Solidworks Tutorials

Hello,

If you are interested in learning Solidworks , visit Ebay. There are many great CD and DVD packages. One that really stands out in excellence is created by FX CAD SOLUTIONS, and the price is very reasonable.

FR Balo

Reply to
frbalo

Is there a reason you keep spamming this group? This is the 13th time you've spammed us with your product.

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

I am definitely not trying to spam! My intention is to let others out there who are trying to learn the software, be aware of some excellent material available to them. I have this DVD, and let me tell you something there Scott, I had spent 1600.00 US once on a Solidworks course, and i absolutely cannot compare to what i have mastered with this particular DVD. If this somehow offends you, then just ignore it, ang get on with your life. Others might be interested in what i have to say.

FR Balo

Reply to
frbalo

You might want to add to your advertisement a warning to prospective buyers that they should make sure they don't get taken for a ride on the shipping. I purchased this set and after the seller got my money he came back and extorted ten more dollars out of me before he would ship the product. $22.50 in shipping and when I recieved it there was $1.89 on the shipping label.

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

Free online tutorials

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Who did you buy from?

I purchased this DVD Tutorial set from eBay seller "digitaltg" without problems. The shipping and handling charges are clearly spelled out in the listing, $12.25 for regular shipping and $22.25 expedited.

Of the 251 feedback ratings for this seller there is one negative rating and it is not related to shipping charges. I am one of the many buyers that left positive feedback and I would buy from this seller again.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I was *forced* to use expedited shipping by the seller. He refused to send my order (after he had my money) unless I sent him the extra $10. Needless to say I felt extremely burned when I saw on the package that it cost him a couple bucks to send. The seller claimed he needed the extra $10 so I could get a tracking number I didn't ask for. After I'd given him the extra $10 and said "okay, where's my tracking number" he said "I lost it". As I told him, if he'd just charged the higher price upfront and charged the three bucks or whatever it was for shipping instead of resorting to subterfuge I'd have walked away a happy camper. Oh yeah, on top of that he sent it to the wrong address AFTER he confirmed to me in an email that he would send it to the CORRECT address.

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

I have also purchased these CD's.

CD1 has no audio commentary. It shows the development of a games video console using a range of SW features and techniques, but once the design starts to get more advanced, following what is happening on the video is tricky as a lot of steps occur quickly. There are text balloons indicating what is happening, but by their nature, and also by the processes they are describing, a 6 word text balloon really can't replace a 15 second 40 word commentary. They should update CD1 to include a commentary.

CD2 does have a commentary and covers the development of a cell phone, plus info on Photoworks, and a Solidworks "test drive", as they call it, covering fairly standard modelling techniques.

I picked up some hints from the CD's, and a new SW user may gain some useful info, but might get frustrated without a commentary on CD1

Reply to
greyhound

Sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one.

Curious, when did you buy your disks? I just wonder if it was when they first started selling the disks and maybe weren't organized.

And one last question. Did you leave feedback? Because negative feedback for shipping doesn't seem to show up in their feedback profile.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

It was earlier this year.

I'd told the seller I was very unhappy with the whole episode and that my ebay feedback would reflect that. The seller threatened to retaliate by attacking MY ebay profile. (No shit and I have the email to prove it.) So I passed but there's no way I'll let it slide here. If someone wants to by the product that's their business obviously but I'm certainly going to give them fair warning. I suspect the individual who keeps starting these threads is the seller as most of their posts to this group (11 or so out of 13) are to hawk their product. Like I said, subterfuge. To me that's a red flag twenty feet high. Unlike Matt Lombard who is upfront and straight (and whos book sits right here on my desk).

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

Actually that happened to me early on at eBay, (not this seller) but a guy in his listing stated that if buyer pays with certified funds he would ship immediately. I paid with certified funds, he waited more than two weeks after he got paid to ship. I left negative feedback and he retaliated leaving negative feedback for me. It is the 1 negative feedback I received out of 130+ purchases.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Do you ever say anything useful or do you just sit around all day (and it must be ALL day to crank out 100+ posts/day) trolling?

Reply to
Scott Ferrin

NEVER buy from Ebay unless the person selling lives next door! Bunch of crooks, the lot of them. Yes to your forth coming question, EVERY time except once, (when Ebay first started), I have been stung by these pirates, even the power sellers with

100% good feedback. Went down to 99% after I left feedback, hehe :P

Burn the lot of them, lol

Reply to
pete

Wow, Scott, Thanks!

It just so happens that SW Bibles are on sale on eBay right now, as a BuyItNow, today and tomorrow. The person selling them for me has a 100% rating, so if we get an order for "pete", we will immediately refund his money in full, and send him a post card with a smiley face on it instead of a book. Sorry pete, but your post spells it out pretty well.

I just read recently somewhere on one of the blogs that "Marketing is something you do if your product sucks." I thought that was hilarious, so I try to avoid shilling.

Matt

matt

I just found the reference, it was in Roopinder Tara's CAD Insider blog, retelling a story by Michael Hawley, and I slightly misquoted: "Marketing is what you do when your product sucks "

matt

Hi Matt, I went the safe way and brought your bible from Amazon, it came next day, all nice and new!

Can I still have the postcard with the smily face though? lol

Reply to
pete

No problem. The ones I send out are brand new except that people sometimes ask me to scribble on a page inside. You can never tell with some folks.

Anyway, here you are: ;o)

(sorry if it's a little smirkish. saves me the postage - the margins are pretty tight in the book business. pun unintentional)

Reply to
matt

AhHa! I know what you need to do for the people without the scribble, you could supply a page holder, (book mark in the UK), with a nice photograph of you on both sides, peeping over the top, lol

The file, could be on your web site, to download and print. Just think of the fame!!!

;-)

Reply to
pete

You've obviously never seen me. My picture is more likely to get hung in the post office or on the back of a milk carton. Notice that they didn't put my pic in the book. There's a reason for that.

Reply to
matt