Tutorials for ProE -> SolidWorks

Hello, Could anyone suggest any good starting points tutorial wise for someone who is familiar with ProE, but has never used SolidWorks before? [My University insists on using ProE, but my forthcoming placement is with a firm who uses SolidWorks.]

Thanks

Reply to
Robert Curtis

FrankW

Have you run through the SolidWorks Online tutorials they are pretty easy to understand. As I understand a confusion point for PRO-E users is in assembly mates something to do with Aligned and Anti-aligned. When it comes to these areas forget what you know about PRO-E.

Robert Curtis wrote:

Reply to
CS

Is it possible to access the tutorials without having a copy of SolidWorks at my disposal?

Reply to
Robert Curtis

Robert,

Talk to a SW VAR and get a 30 day evaluation copy of SW.

Len

Robert Curtis wrote:

Reply to
lmar

Or a student version, note the student version does have some limitations - not sure what.

There are few, slightly more advanced, tutorials on my website. On the links page of my website you can find several links to tutorials ranging in difficulty from beginners to advanced.

John Layne

John Layne

There are a number of textbooks that have an extended trial version (I think it is 150 or maybe 180 days) of SWX in the back of the book . Check journeyed.com Where are you going to school?

Reply to
jmather

I am at Loughborough University in the UK. However, I am soon to start a years placement with a company in Cambridge in their product engineering department - who primarily use SolidWorks, although they told me they also have ProE.

I was hoping to start looking at some tutorials to get a feel for how the app is laid out in comparison to ProE.

I shall give journeyed a gander...

Reply to
Robert Curtis

Nope. I got that book for free from a seminar, it's really not that great and doesn't teach the interface itself. Honestly see if you can get your future employer to pay for training with a VAR. The Solidworks coursework is like a one week intensive session and basically what they teach in the colleges as well (same manuals). A VAR like Symmetry Solutions, Alignex, etc, could tell you more. All the places I interviewed at before getting my job required one program or the other, but would train you in theirs.

Reply to
deimos

These are getting a little old-

jmather