Help with Sweep, Please!!

Hello All,

Although most of the sweep that you see

is absorbed by other features later I'm having trouble adjusting dimensions in this sweep and continuing to be able to successfully create my variable fillets and other features later on in this project. So... My question is; Can someone (much wiser than I) help me with how to make this sweep behave? More guide curves, I've tried, but again, maybe someone wiser could do it. Or maybe there's a better way, but lofting doesn't seem to be the answer either.

TIA, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I'm surprised that works. What shape are you trying to get? From the looks of it, I would guess that you might want to use a surfaces approach, because you can't make all the faces at the same time.

Aside from that, you may try to use "keep normal constant" or use a straight line for the path. Could be a lot of answers to your question.

matt

"Muggs" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
matt

I would assume that the fillet fails because the arc becomes too big? (a questioning statement isn't that nice)

What kind of chages are being made to the sweep?

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Matt & Corey Thanks, Sorry I can't be more forthcoming, Proprietary crap and all that, but a front and side view of what actually precedes this sweep are found at:

Matt - Using a straight line helps a lot, but then I get a flat at the end of the sweep.

Corey - Adjusting the preceding feature (lengthening or shortening) screws the fillet.

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Muggs,

I sent a new version of your file back to your posting address. I assume it isn't munged up since it hasn't bounced back to me yet. Here is the text of the message

"How is this. What I did is the strait line method and used a loft to fill in the flat at the end. I used an arc instead of continuing the spline for the bottom profile. I don't know if this will eliminate your problem but it looks like a much less complex of a shape to work with.

Corey"

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Thanks Corey, I would love to see how you went about it.

You need to replace home with comcast to send email back to me, sorry.

Thanks again, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

To get a better understanding of what is happening...

*) Edit definition of sweep *) Under the Guide Curves area, click on the 'eyglasses' buttton *) Press the up/down arrows to scroll through all of the profiles SolidWorks has created "behind the scenes" *) Notice how each profile is created releative to the sweep path

See how the profiles turn in relation to the curves of the path? Having a straight line for your path will keep that from happening or of course you can use the 'Keep normal constant".

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson