hiding the guts of an assembly

I've forgotten......

I want to lose all the details inside an assembly. I want to send just the outside shell to another company just for fit purposes. I know there is a way to do this but I've forgotten.

Thanks!

Reply to
dlevy

I remember..... save the assembly as a part.

Reply to
dlevy

File > Save As > (select SW part as the file type) > Exterior Surfaces

This saves a part, but the individual exterior faces have names that are derived from the original part names. If you want to hide these, save again as ParaSolid. When that is opened, the names are Surface-Imported 1, 2, 3 etc.

AW

Reply to
Art Woodbury