How to draw an oil drop

I am attempting to create a clipart of an oil drop. So far it just looks like a gold colored thing that doesn't look much like a drop. I think its all in the shading and use of reflection.

Any suggestions or websites that I could look at to figure this out?

Thanks,

Ryan

Reply to
tree_slinger

A cone with a rounded end should work fine for shape. Assign a very transparent color. Try tweaking the ambient and directional lighting in the Lights and Cameras folder of the feature tree. A single highly specular directional light shoudl give you the proper reflections off the drop's surface. Aside from that, I guess it's a matter of personal preference how exactly you want the drop to look. Also, my guess is there's plenty of other software (free and otherwise) that does this sort of thing much better. Despite what they want you to think, SolidWorks is not really an graphic art package.

Reply to
takedown

takedown wrote: Despite what they want you to

So that's why they continually add pretty picture enhancements to make our designs look like graphic art. And here I though SW was just a cad design package. Wait till you see all the pretty pictures you can do with 2008. Even your model edges will "GLOW GREEN" when you pick on a face. OOOOOOOH such a pretty picture we can make now.

One step further to takedowns response - What works quick and well if your looking for shading and such without spending a lot of time is if after modeling as takedown suggested, try assigning a material property of water (it's in there as part of SWx stock materials), then change the color tint slightly to suit your taste.... IYM

Reply to
<IYM>