Is toolbox.ini still used?

I just upgraded from SW2006 tp SW2007, and I see that in System Options

--> Hole Wizard/Toolbox you enter the location of the Solidworks Data (Toolbox).

So, I change it from the install location to point at my existing Toolbox location, close down SW and check the Toolbox.ini file and it still points to the original install location. I also rename the original location, so it can't find it. But nothing happens to the .ini file. I then finally rename the .ini and the Toolbox still works.

So, it appears that Toolbox doesn't even use the Toolbox.ini file in SW2007. Do other s agree?

Aaron R. Friedman ARF Designs

Reply to
Aaron

Aaron,

I tried manually changing the toolbox.ini file back in March of this year to a local toolbox database and it threw my system into fits. It got bad enough that I had to do a repair on my installation. Apparently it does something....but I haven't ever gone back and tried to figure out what.

My advice would be to change it in the System Options and leave the .ini file alone.

Best Regards,

Ricky Jordan

Ricky Jordan

2007 Doesn't use the ini file any more. The information is stored in the registry file along with all the other SW settings.