Can parts be 'adaptive'?

If I have a link part in a second level assembly that has free rotate,
is there a way to align it to another linkage part in the higher up
assembly?
Also, is ther a way that I can make the part 'adaptively' stretch to fit
based on assembly constraints?
Aaron Friedamn
ARF Designs
Reply to
Aaron R. Friedman
No.
SolidWorks doesn't do that.
Now go back to Inventor.
Daisy.
Reply to
ChamberPot
"Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com:
Yes.
Look into flexible subassemblies and in-context relations.
You sound like a new user coming from Inventor. Go ahead and work through the tutorials so you know the SW vocabulary and way of doing things.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Yes, I have 6 year experience with inventor, but I also have 4 years experience with Solidworks. I just never had to do lower assy level mating or 'adaptive' things before in Solidworks.
One of the tricky things about working in 2 CAD systems is learning and remembering the vocabulary. I knew I could do the flexible assembly thing,because I didn't know what it was called, I couldn't find it in help.
Thanks for the pointer.
So, what does Solidworks call 'adaptive' (stretch to fit)?
Aaron Friedman ARf Designs
Dale Dunn wrote: > "Aaron R. Friedman" wrote in > news: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com: > > >>If I have a link part in a second level assembly that has free rotate, >>is there a way to align it to another linkage part in the higher up >>assembly? >> >>Also, is ther a way that I can make the part 'adaptively' stretch to fit >>based on assembly constraints? >> >>Aaron Friedamn >>ARF Designs > > > Yes. > > Look into flexible subassemblies and in-context relations. > > You sound like a new user coming from Inventor. Go ahead and work through > the tutorials so you know the SW vocabulary and way of doing things.
Reply to
Aaron R. Friedman
Duh!...'in-context'...sorry
Aaron