How to split curves?

I need to split a 3d curve with a plane, the curve is the result of intersecting a plane and a surface. Thnen I would like to insert a point at each segment's endpoint. thank you for you help!! Ariel

Reply to
Ariel

Ariel,

If I understand you clearly, this is what you need to do:

Edit -> Sketch Tools -> Sketch Tools -> Split Entities

This operation going to place a blue dot on your spline which you can move.

Then select the split point and the plane to be coincident with and apply the "coincident" constraint. After this you need to open a new sketch because SW won't let you create points at existing entity endpoints. In the new sketch you can do this.

If your intersection spline has been created as a 2D sketch then it is not going to work, because you are going to have problems applying the coincident constraint.

I hope this helps

Attila

Ariel wrote:

Reply to
bertok

Ariel

Just out of curiosity, what program did you use before SW. No offence, but your last two post sound like your trying to use SW like it was another program. Happens to everyone coming from years of using another system. The reason I ask is that thier might be much easier (more Solidworks centric) ways of achieving the desired results.

Mark

Reply to
MM