How to view/print Inventor Drawings

Company A has bought out a product line from Company B.
Company A uses SW. Company B uses Inventor.
Company A wants to be able to open Inventor Drawing and print out hard
copy.
Need to do this for about 60 drawings.
Product is pretty well defined and will not neet any changes done to it
for a long time.
Question: Without purchasing a seat of Inventor, how does Company A
open and print out Inventor drawings for archival purposes?
Len
Reply to
lmar
There are several programs that read and print multiple file formats including Inventor. I believe they are less expensive than Inventor, but I'm not certain of the pricing.
Since you only have about 60 drawings, you might be better off hiring a firm with Inventor to create pdfs of all the drawings.
Reply to
John Eric Voltin
I was kind of hoping Volo View or equivalant could do this (read free). In a perfect world E-drawings would be able to do this :)
Unless another option presents its self I will probable have to resort to your suggestion.
Thanks,
Len
Reply to
lmar
Why not contract someone to print them for you? Convert to PDF for your records? Has to be cheaper than a seat of INV and you not supporting the jolly green giant!
PS I have INV (bundled with MDT, which we keep current for old legacy stuff and our electrical guy).
Keith
Reply to
Keith Streich
Len,
I don't know a lot about Inventor. Have you checked to see if they have a free viewer like SW does that will print??? I would bet they do....
Reply to
Seth Renigar
Ended up going to the Inventor user group site and performed a search there.
Was able to get a link to the AutoCAD Inventor site for their viewer.
Len
Reply to
lmar
Every Inventor DVD comes with a free Inventor viewer for viewing and printing native Inventor data. Company B should be able to get this to company A.
Jerry
schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
JerryAcidNL