print SW-drawings without background isn't possible !!

Hello, "my dream go's on" And I want to forfill it as soon as posible,

I want to print SW-drawings without background, ( no white, or black, or .. , only the model and nothing more ) or is there a way to print the background as transparant ? because i want to draw on a plane area without any sheet form and then print it directly on a pre-installed company form that is made by 3rd company's software. It's working with almost all the software programs but not with SW because SW is printing its background over the form and that is resulting in no form at all. and that's not what i want.

in (Autocad) almost all the software programs there is the option to print without background, and SW seems to be more intelligent so, is it possible or not?

Please let me know if and how, or if not ?? why is this left out ?? or is it an option in future ??

I have already tried the solution to Uncheck the check mark to print background.in the File print-menu, but there is still a white background behind the model, so there most be an other way, there must be

Frendly greetings,

Paul van Uden (NL)

Reply to
Paul van Uden

When you hit the "Print" there is a optioin for "Print Background" --Uncheck it . If that doesn't help---??????????

Mike Eckstein

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Lets try that again: "When you hit the "Print" button there is a option for "Print Background" --Uncheck

Mike Eckstein

"Michael Eckstein" wrote in message news:Mk5Jf.100$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga...

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

My initial thought was to use a "Custom Size" drawing sheet set to .001" square....

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Really, I think what you are asking for is an alpha channel, or transparent background. SW doesn't do this. You could use Photoshop or a free image editor like Irfan View to set the background color transparent. This is what I do when I set up transparent background images for web or powerpoint.

hth

matt

Reply to
matt

I may be missing something here, but how about just turning off the sheet format? That way the only thing you will have on your screen is the views.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Are you trying to print just the drawing pre-printed paper with title blocks?

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
schroema

Exactly my thought Wayne, and why I asked my question. I too may be missing something. :-)

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
schroema

Maybe I'm missing something. Sure, I can turn off sheet format, but all that does is turn off the border, title block, etc. The sheet is still there. I don't see an option to completely turn off the sheet. I only see radio buttons to either select a standard sheet size or a custom sheet size - no where to select NO sheet size....

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Hi there,

Thank you all, for your messages, but I think the only good working solution in this metter is, to wait for a better SW

because transparant background printing within SW, it can't be done.

it can be done beside the sheet drawing area, with wire and hidden models, and to print choose selected area and choose OK in Printmenu, and then pul the gray area accros the sheet over the beside drawn, but it isn't working anymore if just one view is shaded. an that was actually what I wated.

So I waite until SW gets smart enough, to keep me up!! Hihi So thats out

Paul van Uden (NL)

Reply to
Paul van Uden

I guess we're all missing something here. If you turn off the sheet format,which turns off the drawing border, title block etc it does leave a white sheet there for visual purposes for sizing the drawing. This sheet should not print under normal printing of the drawing unless you are trying print it some other way. Even whd doesnt show up