If You Have To Deal With IGES...

Why not use what Newport Tool and Die call the fastest and most accurate translator they have ever seen:

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

No it doesn't it is very unstable and has serious trouble with translating. Obviously it is the best they have ever seen, they are trying to flog it off.

Solidworks on the other hand although not perfect can not only import geometry, but extensively modify it. You extend and bend non native geomtry. Part it and re-arrange it. It is amazing what cn be done as long as you are experienced.

Whatever you don, don't beleave the promo stuff, have them try with a solid of your own choosing.

Giorgis

It does? Huh, and here for the last 6 months, I've translated hundreds of iges files without a problem. Unstable? You're kidding right?

Reply to
Steve Mackay

showing properly, surfaces misshing and in analysis mode (no I di not turn it on and it was not on)?

have to regen to get them to go away

Manager/Insert(preview does not work)

Reply to
Hendrik

Steve, I was shaking my head too when I saw this *unstable* comment. VX is especially strong with iges files, I have not had any problems with iges and VX.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote in news:N2Kke.2032$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

VX's IGES translator is by far the fastest and most robust IGES translator I have ever used.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

snipped-for-privacy@home-dot-nl.no-spam.invalid (Hendrik) wrote in news:JZGdnR5-GMpkzA7fRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

VX was nice enough to let people who don't own VX preview VX 11.

VX 11 is not a released product. Do you have a problem with VX not releasing something until it's ready ?

If your looking to evaluate VX and you downloaded VX 11 I would suggest you download VX 10.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

"Giorgis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

VX 11 is not a released product.Basing an opinion on an unreleased product is pretty lame especially because VX was nice enough to let anyone look at VX 11 before they released it. Does SaladWorks Corp. do this ? Nope. Not even McNeel does this for those who don't own the current version of Rhino.

VX did it. :>)

VX 10 is a released product and it is incredibly stable.

SaladWorks is very unstable and it *is* a released product.

"It is amazing what cn be done as long as you are experienced."

It doesn't matter how experienced you are if the tools don't exist and many of the tools that VX has don't exist in SaladWorks.

You ain't gonna win the Indy 500 if you show up on your moped... no matter how good you think you are.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer