isolate and screen shots

Using a macro to capture a screen shot when isolate is active ignores what is on the screen and shows what would be on the screen if you cancel isolate.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

What is "isolate"?

I'm on 2006.

Thanks - Bo

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Isolate is basically a 'show selected' command for use in an assembly. Select only the components you want to see and the rest are temporarily hidden while a small 'exit isolate' button floats on the screen. I used to have a utility (kcs) which had a similiar command.

Zander

Bo wrote:

Reply to
Zander

That sounds odd as the isolate function merely hides (or otherwise based on the setting) parts. You mention using a macro - what if you do it manually?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hi Wayne,

Same result with either saveas | jpeg or my macro (which is really doing the same thing).

I find it very curious that the saveas | jpeg function is getting it's screen data from somewhere else?

Zander

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Also, it occured to me that since you can save 'isolate' states as display states that maybe display states share this problem, but they don't. If you save the isolate state to a display state name, then activate that display state (turning off isolate) then the image matches the screen.

Zander wrote:

Reply to
Zander

I presume you've turned this one in?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I will indeed tomorrow.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

"Zander" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Could not find it on '06. On which menu is it?

Reply to
Jean Marc

Reply to
Zander