July PhotoWorks Contest

The images for the July PhotoWorks contest have been posted for your viewing pleasure. Go to

to vote for your favorite image. While there download the model for the August contest.

Also, a number of people have asked for an image based lighting tutorial (HDR, HDRI, etc). I've posted a link at my website and blog to a podcast I did on this very subject recently. You can also directly access the podcast at

FYI... I've been moving my website to another hosting service in an effort to offer more enhanced features. One of these enhanced feature will be a new bulletin board which will allow everyone to comment on the contest images and anything else (SW / PW related) they would like to bring up. I think it will be a good way to ask questions, receive answers, make comments and learn something new. Unfortunately this hosting transition has not been going very smoothly and I was not able to have the bulletin board up and running for the July contest. Because the transition has been a little rocky you may notice times thoughout the week when the site is down or the voting page is not accessible. I apologize in advance for any problems you may encounter. I'll be traveling this week but will try and keep an eye on the site status while on the road (I need something to do in the hotel room). The good news is, I've had no e-mail problems so far and I should be able to receive all votes.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

good stuff Rob. BTW maybe the models you use for the contest should be SW03-4 vintage to let as many users participate as wish to.I think the latest one is 06.

Reply to
neil

Hi Rob

I can't find a link to the July images and voting?

John Layne

John Layne

Here is a direct link John

. The issue may be with the site an not you?? Again, I'm trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Neil, The models from 3dcotentcentral can be downloaded in various SW versions. This model is from Paul Salvador's site and I'm not sure which version it was created in. I can send a generic (parasolid) file if someone needs to use an earlier version of SW. Maybe I should post both versions available for download?

"John Layne"

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

"Rob Rodriguez" a écrit dans le message de news:

74187$44c4ae07$c644a65d$ snipped-for-privacy@PSHIFT.COM...

I got to that page all right, but could not find the July PhotoWorks Contest images.

Reply to
Jean Marc