KBE in solidworks

Hi Friends,

I am wondering how knowledge based system can be developed using SOLIDWORKS. Are there any built-in features to support it. Like CATIA has "knowledge advisor", "rule editor" etc.

any info will be of much help

regards, Pranav

Reply to
hard stuff

The integration would need to de done using the solidworks API if you are writing your own product. Check out some of the existing products that do this. RuleStream and DriveWorks. We sell both.

Reply to
cempamj

"hard stuff" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

For me it would also be nice to get an overview of what's going on. Some of the products I know is more like "Product Configuration" than KBE.

There must also exist som homemade API systems or advanced spreadsheets use out there.

Regards Peter

Reply to
Peter A. Jensen

I'm a veteran AutoCAD design automation consultant. I've recently decided to add the Solidworks API to my toolbelt since Solidworks seems to be steadily eroding the Autodesk customer base.

IMHO the macro recorder and the API used in conjunction with conffigurations, equations and design table features make it an extremely powerful tool to create an in-house design automation application. There are several ways to incorporate your SOP and business rules into your application dependant on how experienced you are with the variation of tools.

I'm actually looking for a real world project to cut my teeth on. I have samples of other apps I've developed and I have no problem with signing non-disclosure agreements to protect your intellectual property.

If anyone would like to work together on a project like this (pro-bono) for mutual benefit please ffeel free to contact me at dmleves at telus dot net.

Best regards,

D.M. Levesque

Reply to
Dale Levesque

"Peter A. Jensen" skrev i en meddelelse news:47757af3$0$2989$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp06.dk.telia.net...

Missed KBEworks from

Peter A. Jensen

Thanks friends for suggestions and links.

can cosmos analysis be embedded with 3d assembly to develop kbe, using APIs only..

--Pranav

Reply to
hard stuff