LIMIT MATES...again

I have a part that pivots on an axle in my assembly. Its travel is limited by two surfaces it comes in contact with, one on each end of the travel. How do I set this up using the advanced mates. I don't see an option for picking the two surfaces. Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

"Not Necessarily Me" wrote in news:aCKde.44168$r53.208@attbi_s21:

Don't confuse the "collision detection" with "limit mates". Limit mates work by specifying a range of distance/angle through which a part can move, they don't have anything to do with contact. The best thing might be to use the "collistion detection" to determine where the contact happens, and then hard key those numbers into the limit mate using either a distance or angle mate. This is usually done by planes, but you can use planar surfaces or anything else you can make a distance or angle mate between.

Good luck,

Matt

Reply to
matt