Location of SW 2003 on hardrive

Hi,

I have (2) hardrives, one has the XP operating system(C), the otther is the data drive(D). Would there be any advantages to installing SW 2003 on the drive without the operating system(D)?

TIA Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Dennis,

What you don't want to do is install programs in areas where you have alot of read/write activity.

As far as performance, I've seen some pretty significant increases with ATA drives. SCSI drives can handle multiple simultaneous read/write tasks so the advantage isn't as big. ATA RAID setups have many of the advantages of SCSI, without the higher costs.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg