Lofted surface

Even after fitting constrained splined curves to my contour sketches, the surface generated as a loft get split up by the guide curves. If I now do a section cut through the surface the resultant sketch is in multiple pieces. Any way to get a single piece surface that gives a one piece spline section cut?

Reply to
pevans

There could be a few reasons for this: SW version or sp? One of the options to help with this is specifically is "Merge tangent faces". If that option does not work, look at the GC's and make sure they are intersecting (pierce, coincident,..) the profiles. You maybe using analitical curves (lines, arcs) in your profiles which are causing some problems (try splines or fit spline). Could be that there is too much disturbance in the splines or profiles (reduce large changes in the flow).

Anyhow, it's not easy to answer without seeing the loft feature or curves used?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Thanks Paul, merge tangent faces is the one I needed. I use fit splines and fully constrain all profles and guide curnes at a matter of course, but the surfaces still had unmerged faces.

Reply to
pevans