lofted sweeps

I'm trying to create screws with alternating high-low threads. Is it possible to loft a swept helix with the profile of the high thread and the profile of the low thread in order to create this effect?

Reply to
cadout

I couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I often find that I'm wrong, so I tried it. Seemed to work OK for me. I used one profile with both the high and low threads.

Jerry Steiger

You can do both in the same sweep profile. Ironically, I did the same thing recently for a customer. By the way, you probably mean sweep, not loft. Just sweep along a helix as the path. Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

sweep using twist along path works well for this kinda stuff, rebuilds a bit quicker than helix sweeps.

steve

Reply to
solid steve