M60 for SW

Hi guys

I'm looking at a laptop/mobile workstation due to increased travelling, and my eyes fell on the new Dell M60 I notice they are using a new Intel M processor with a "lot less" GHz then the normal Pentium 4. I called the tech guys and they told me it's a lot faster then the figures tells so it's okay so far, and it's possible to get it with 2 Gigs of ram wich make it look really perfect for SW. Anyone tried these processors on Solid Works? Would appreciate to get some feedback on this.

Best regards

Krister

Reply to
Krister L

bob zee

what's the graphics card? It appears to be an ATI Radeon - the equivilent of Dell Insprion or Latitude laptops, but not the 3D M50.

Guy Edk>Krister,

Reply to
Our Home Email

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000. Can't say I like that. The best you can do is a 5400 rpm hard drive also. Don't like THAT. I dunno. I don't necessarily disbelieve what Mr. Edkins says, but I'm skeptical.

'Spork'

Reply to
Sporkman

Don't think I'll go for that either, even though the 17" inch screen would be nice. Another thing is it stops at 1 gig of ram and I do think I could need more. The wallet is open now and the M60 slipped through, so I will order one this week. I also must say we have had good relation with Dell sor far and I feel quite safe with them.

Krister

Sporkman skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@bigfootYETI.com...

Reply to
Krister L

Please do post a follow-up once you get the unit. The M60 benchmark info is coming out now in dribs and drabs, and it does look impressive (for a laptop ...)

Cheers

Jim Elias Munich, Germany

Reply to
JE