Photoworks release 2

Hi guys A small problem here, and it might have been discussed before ....I've been rendering one heavy layout today ...a lot of pipes and round stuff. Tried it on two different machines both with 2 gigs of ram ...with two different results. The workstation, a Dell 530 with a Quadro4 900XGL and dual processors, 2x2,8 GHz Xeon on Win 2K SW 2003 SP4 ....and the laptop with Quadro FX Go700 Pentium M 1,7 GHz on XP Pro...SW 2003 SP3.1. The workstation chokes all the time and sais I have to free som more memory....looking at the task manager I'm using 1,2-1,3Gb.....think it peaked 1,5 something The laptop sais nothing ....it just render the damned thing and here I'm using 720-750MB Using the workstation I have all files on the server....using the laptop I have all files stored in a "briefcase" on the local harddrive. I have'nt clocked the rendering but it feels like they both do it in roughly the same amount of time Where should I look first....is this a processor issue or an OS issue....is XP handeling memory better than 2K, or is it a combination........or is it something else?

Krister

Reply to
Krister L

Make sure when you load the assembly that you don't have lightweight parts. There was or is a memory leak issue with PW2 and lightweight parts.

issue....is

Reply to
Jeff N

Thanks Jeff

but ....You can't render without resolving the lightweight parts so I guess that's not the problem...and both computer are set the same when it comes to SW.....the assy is actually loded with lightweight parts on on both but after that resolved and rendered

Krister

Jeff N skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bi0j7t$42c5h$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-203611.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

If you have PW2 already loaded and open an assembly in lightweight the leak begins when opening it. Watch your task manager. You could be losing critical MBs of RAM from the time you click OK to open it to the time you set lightweight parts to resolved. And no, the memory is not released. This could be fixed in SP4, though I never tested it.