Manufacturing Process Instruction's

Does anybody out there deal with MPI's without having a truly designated manufacturing engineering department? We are working with MPI's and how to store them, should they be a 2nd sheet of the drawing or stored separately. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Reply to
kannman2

We store them separately--

the drawing calls out something like "see Procedure # XXX for assembly instructions" It doesn't call out a rev of the procedure--that way we don't necessarily have to rev the drawing everytime we need to make a change to the procedure (or vice-versa). Also, at least for us, the process instructions for an assembly often run to 20 pages or more--not really suitable for inclusion in the drawing package.

separately.

Reply to
Michael

Thanks for the help ... greatly appreciated!

Reply to
kannman2