mass properties from multi body part.

Hello,

How can I link the mass from a certain body in a multiple body part to the costum propertie 'MASS'?

There it takes the mass from all bodies.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

kellnerp

Don't think You can do that without configurations and supressing the bodies you don't want to include, SW still handle it as one part even thouhg there are separated bodies.

Krister L

Johnny Geling skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bq7qpt$2035u1$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-172080.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Perhaps make a special configuration with a "delete bodies" feature that deletes the extra bodies. Suppress the "delete bodies" feature and the bodies will return.

Reply to
TheTick

Have a look at how this is handled by the new weldment function in 2004. i.e. when you create a cut list item from a solidbody with weldments you can insert the mass for the individual solid body (it uses an extra @ in the string).

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

splitpart. create assembly. add custom property to all parts which is the weight. create a bill for the assembly in a drawing.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

That would be worth trying.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

I did a split part and removed the second body to a seperate file. The weight of the base part (initial two body's), normaly a single body part but have to check this monday, has the weight of the two body's. I know this because the mass tool shows me. There I can select between all body's and single body. So I though I could do this also in custom properties.

Will check the suggestion of Merry Owen.

Stil working on a stable 2003.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

That doesn't work in 2003 I did a delete body. That works.

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

Sorry, didn't realise that you wern't on 2004 - weldments are a new feature.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen