Memorial Taps for Group...

<...poking head in and realizing newsgroups is completely dead, and sees the only thing happening are flies and maggots feeding of the carcass of
a once great newsgroup...>
<Distant "Taps" on Bugle>
G-G-C... G-C-E... G-C-E, G-C-E, G-C-E... C-E-G... E-C-G... G-G-C............
<RIP and goodbye 'ol friend>
IYM

So post something instead .....
--
Cliff

Cliff wrote:

Why? It'd be like giving CPR to a guy on his 2nd day of viewing at the Funeral home...done and gone....Nothing is going to bring the good posters (or posts) back...ever. Been looking in one time ever 3 months for the last year and the rot & stench is only getting worse.

Still looking here, but I read in the post about "Statistics for comp.cad.solidworks" that the top 4 posters or so are in my killfile. Not much else of interrest.
Did you try https://forum.solidworks.com/index.jspa
It's noise free...
Jean Marc wrote:

Yes - of course I look elsewhere - and that was the point....It's just this was the place I started with 10+ years ago and wanted to pay my respects and give it my version of a proper burial. :)
So if your one of the old guys and see this post, sign it as you exit (like the guestbook at the funeral home) just to pay tribute. I had gotten a lot of good info off here more times than I can count.
So I'll start....
1) RIP - Thanks for the good years, from: IYM

Quite a few BBS systems & blogs started up & they allow pictures & files. Higher bandwidth than ASCII Usenet requires but network connections are faster these days for most as well. So many were headed that way in any case.
But feel free to post anyway. If enough do you can have discussions. Nothing in the world has stopped that in any way.
But as you mentioned you have not been here in a long time anyway ... so I doubt it's really important to you in any case.
http://holnaputan.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pogo_-_earth_day_1971_poster.jpg
--
Cliff